Monday, August 18, 2008

I guess I'm going to be busy.

It's weird, and don't necessarily take offense if you've said this to me, but I am already tired of some responses I get from people when they find out we're having twins. The two worst have been "the look of pity" which means, "I'm really sorry" and when I say we are very excited then I hear, "oh you are, that's good" as if there was ever some sort of disappointment. Also, "you will be busy"-really because I'm kind of bored now so a least I'll have something to do. I find it so refreshing when people are just excited as one would think you would be when you find out about a new life. And offering to help instead of dwelling on how busy I'll be-I really appreciate these family and friends! I often think about how nice it is for Jack to have Kate so close to his age and now the twins will be close to their age too. I hope they are all great friends. What a blessing it is to have our children close in age to eachother and their cousin. It's alomst scarey at times when God answers your prayers; we are so undeserving but He is so loving and faithful! I'm still anxiously awaiting our appointment on Thursday-I'll write as soon as I can that evening!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it would be hard to hear those comments time after time. But I think you are handling it well. I think for most people it is just plain scary to think of having twins - especially close to another child. For me, it would be scary, but obviously this is something God wanted to happen in your life!!! and he knows you can handle it, b/c many people can't!

I think if it were to happen to me, I would be shocked at first, and nervous and scared, and then I would have to come to realize this is what is going to happen and get use to it, and be excited for it.

And your kids will all enjoy eachother... that is the best part.

Anonymous said...

Well, I realize that I was one of those people that time after time said, "You'll be busy!" Oops!!! Sorry, Janelle. Never having kids, I guess I don't know the correct way to respond. Right now my mindset is focused on school, work, school, school, work, and school. This mindset carries onto everything I think about; it just so happened you announced your pregnancy at this time. The first thing that came to mind was, wow! I think having twins is the most amazing gift EVER! I hope one day I will be blessed to carry and love two babies at the same time. I check your blog regularly because I'm excited to find out how you and the babies are doing and I hope nothing but the best throughout your pregnancy as well as there after! Anyways, good luck on your appt on Thursday, can't wait to read the updates!

Janelle said...

Kelsey
Thanks for writing and know that you are not one of the frustrating people. It's the people that go on and on about it in a whole conversation. Don't feel bad and I'm glad you read the blog! I hope everything is going well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...