Monday, August 11, 2008

The Beginnings

I'm starting this blog to document this experience. With Jack's pregnancy, I wrote in a pregnancy journal and have enjoyed being able to look back at that. I hope he will enjoy it too. With this pregnancy, I have less time and energy so I want a place to type quickly and document the happenings. Everyone that's wants to know how things are going can come here if they have just a moment.

We found out we were pregnant on July 3rd, 2008. I was so excited. I prayed during the three minutes the test was processing and literally kneeled down the praise the Lord when the test was positive. I felt so blessed each time I found out I was pregnant! I called Jay right away and he was so happy too. He said, "That's good news!!!" From the beginning of this pregnancy, Jay and I have suspected it could be twins. My dreams in general are strange to say the least but I had one dream that two pregnancy tests were positive and one dream that the ultrasound tech said, "There are two babies!". This is was started the thoughts.

On August 7th, 2008, I found a heartbeat (which is the best sound in the world) and I had an ultrasound at work just so I would know. I told tech about the feelings and dreams-pretty sure he thought I was crazy. When he looked around his next statement was "Was I in your dream because your dreams are accurate, there are two babies". I could not belive it but there they were two little lives! He asked if I wanted as picture and I said yes (for proof). I called Jay and he was so excited too. As we let people know think most reactions were shock.

Grandpa Clarence was the first to know and he said "well our prayers will have to change, now we're praying for two" and Grandma Marlene kept saying "oh my word, oh my word" and Alesha just laughed. I appreciated the laughter because up until then I had basically just been shaking. We called almost everyone else we could think of over the next few days and all were excited.

So praise God, our second and third children are on the way! Approximate due date is February 27th, 2009 and my first OB appointment is August 21st so then we should know a little more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder why they scheduled your first appt. so late? I thought they usually do that at 12 weeks?


Also, do you notice any differences in your pregnancy this time than with Jacks? such as.....

1. What were the first preg. symptoms this time vs. jacks?

2. Was morning sickness or any 'cravings' different?

Janelle said...

I'm scheduled later because I'm done with my 12th week on Thursday and Dr. Brown is gone this week. So now I should be finishing my first trimester next week and will probably do an ultrasound according to his nurse so we should be able to see more at that point.

This pregnancy is a little different. It kind of started out the same with slight cramps, tenderness, slight nausea and tiredness. As the pregnancy has gone on it seems that the nausea isn't as bad but bad enough and the tiredness was extremely worse. Jack's was worse for a shorter period of time but started and ended about the same time. I still am really tired a lot. Weight gain and showing are about the same at this point. In the beginning with both pregnancy mac and cheese were the BEST and sweets the worst. Now Doritos are so good and OJ was a weird craving with Jack. I definitely have more acne this time; my face cleared with Jack and I have to shave my legs more often with this pregnancy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...