Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Checking in...





I am so glad that a few people are reading the blog... sorry I hadn't updated for a while. I had a great trip with friends, a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and now am planning a much anticipated getaway with my husband this weekend!

This pictures of the kids were taken at my brother in law and sister in laws home the morning of Thanksgiving. They hosted a bruch for my husband's family. It was a yummy as ever. And I had to take advantage of this beautiful back drop! Thanks to Kristen (www.thehvidstens.blogspot.com)

After naps at home, we went to the Thanksgiving celebration with my side of the family which was equally as yummy and fun. The kids did so well this year. They sat a the kids table at all meals, ate their food and get this... took naps! The holiday seemed less stressful and a little more fun.

But lets get back to the vacation coming up with my husband. Do you take getaways without children?

I love them and think they are so important for our marriage and family. We plan to spend 4 days and 3 nights away. We are planning on spending time with family, shopping, relaxing and focusing on eachother. These times make me feel so special. And I'm glad I can take time to focus on Jay. He so often gets moved to the back burner because he is older than 4.

Anyway, pray that our time away is refreshing for everyone. And that I get ample time at Ikea!
Will return soon.... coming up is a book review for Fos on the Family.... stay tuned!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...