Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thankfulness

I'm really am thankful.  The last couple of weeks have been hard.  The kids were crazy from Halloween candy.  And they were puking from the flu the next.  But I did it.  I got away.  With friends and no kids.  It was wonderful.  I wish it would have worked out for the other five girls to come but that just makes another girls weekend a must!

My friend Melissa invited me on a weekend away trip.  No kids, just shopping, eating, talking, lattes, hot tubs and friends.  It sounded too good to be true so when my husband was completely for it, I was in.  He and the kids did so good.  No one else got sick.  They went to Bemidji to bring our dog to the breeder, Christmas shopped, went to church and had fun together.  My mom watched our youngest and it was a success.  I've even been encouraged to plan another.  Yipee!

I think it is so good to take care of ourselves to be able to take care of others.  I am so thankful for friends, husbands and grandparents that make it possible.

These women along with a few others enrich my life.  Ann is a lifelong friend that has had great influence in my life.  I've watched her become a wife and mother before me and learned so much.  We have been together through sunday school, confirmation, highschool, Bible camp, college and life.  She is a treasure to me.

Alesha is like a sister.  We are both nurses which is how we met.  I fell down the stairs at a movie theater and sprained my ankle the first time we did anything social together in a group of friends... so she knew what she was in for.  She is my listening ear.  She is always there for me.  And she is like an aunt to my children which is such a blessing that her friendship has continued through all our changes in life and location.

Melissa is a friend that has recently come back into my life more intentionally.  We have known eachother for about 5 years but have not really been really close.  However, now we find ourselves in the same season of life and are intentionally putting effort into our friendships.  We have started meeting at eachother's homes once a month (she lives an hour away) and just letting our kids play, our lives meld and our thought and feeling spill.  It's great and oh so refreshing.  It's nice to just have someone to hang out with for the day and not let distance, naps or emotions prevent a good time. 

The other few friends are equally as valuable to me but I can expand on their special place in my life later!  I love my friends and am so thankful for them.

So the kids are glad I'm home and so is my husband and parents.  We work really well together.  This week is not much smoother so far but I'm trying to treasure each moment and give my kids grace.  We are in this together and have so much to look forward to this week and weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...