Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Presents

I get stressed out during the holiday season now.  I really don't think that I used to do that.  I know that I had more time and less people to buy for just a few years ago but I don't think that's it.  I think my heart is changing but my actions are not changing with it.  I don't want stuff.  I don't want more.  I don't want to necessarily give more to my children.  I want to just give.  To see something that could really inspire someone or help someone in need and get it to give to them.  And maybe without them even knowing it was me who gave it to them.  Why do we make lists?  We don't need anything.  The world needs Christ and things that only He can give.  This is where I am at.... it is even stressful to make a list of things for people to buy me or my children, let alone to then receive a list and have to find the perfect match.  Why is my heart troubled?  I think we should make the most of Christ during Christmas... and maybe leave the crazy gift buying alone and just focus on others.  I have to pray about where God is leading my heart.  All I know is I want my life to mean something and not get caught up in the world's idea of what the meaning of Christmas is!  What are your Christmas gift giving traditions?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...