Tuesday, January 17, 2012

LIFE.... Fight for it!

Unplanned: The Dramatic True Story of a Former Planned Parenthood Leader's Eye-Opening Journey across the Life LineLIFE.  When does it begin?  I guess I have never questioned that life began at the moment of conception but I really never planned to have such a heart for saving a life from that moment until the moment a child is born and beyond.

I know of people who have had abortions but not anyone close enough to me to talk about it.  I really have always wanted to know why or how it felt or how it felt when the did carry a baby to term.  All of these are not even questions that would be right to ask but I've thought about them.

Then a couple of years ago my husband and I attended a banquet for a local clinic to help women and families in crisis with a pregnancy.  At the time I was pregnant with our fourth child.  The pregnancy that was really not any less planned that our last but was more overwhelming due to the number and ages of our other children.  At that time we had a 2 year old and 7 month old twins.  I was an emotional basket case and didn't think this was the way it was supposed to be.  Which it was completely how it was supposed to be because God is good and she was part of His perfect plan.  Even though abortion NEVER crossed our minds, I felt like I could relate to women who were pregnant and felt hopeless.

We have financially supported this clinic ever since and continue to attend fund raising banquets however recently I have felt such a heart tucking from the Lord to become more involved.  Just after Christmas my friend gave me this book.  I couldn't put it down.  It answered some of my questions and I so feel Abby's passion!  Yesterday I gave the clinic a call and left a message stating that I have a heart to serve at the clinic personally.  I have no idea where this will lead but I am so excited to serve the Lord in this way.  Help save His creations and help their moms and families along the way!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...