Saturday, January 14, 2012

Expanding Family

Hvidsten Christmas 2011 by janelleh1
Hvidsten Christmas 2011, a photo by janelleh1 on Flickr.

I write this post as a person who is pretty sure I make a plan and then pray about it. I heard on the radio the other day, that rather than that we should pray about something first and then come up with a plan. It seems like a minor difference with huge differences in outcomes.

I love this picture of the cousins at Chistmas! They had such a good time together. You see get togethers are hard for me because I feel like I am always on alert.... which I am even if we are not in a group setting but anyway. This year seemed more relaxed. The kids came be trusted a little more, chairs aren't really an issue at this point and everyone can eat on there own and some even at their own table! Gift opening even went better, at least for me. There was one adult for every child so it didn't seem so chaotic; which was so nice!

Anyway, back to my previous thought. I am quite sure this group will be expanding. I can be pretty confident in this as my sister-in-law is expecting her third child at the end of April. Hopes are that Jack will have a boy to help him out with all these girls but one never knows; we could have the next cheerleading squad on our hands.... or basketball team.
Then there are Jay's two sister who will probably add to the numbers at some point too so it will be quite a group someday, as it is already.

This is where my planning then praying comes in. I have a plan... I thought. And I was all ready to pray about it and then I heard the message on the radio. Pray then plan. Oh my word. This should not be eye opening to me but it was. I think I very often plan and then pray. I knew I was to have our next child between February 2013 and February of 2014. I was quite sure. And now I'm back to the drawing board. But really I'm so much farther ahead... I know God already knows and I just have to pray to find out. What a relief!

So even though I'm clueless to whether or not I personally will add to these numbers; I do know that most importantly I have a heavenly Father to represent to the ones we already have and to continue to grow and mature in the relationship I have with him.

So enjoy gazing at these beautiful children and pray for me if you think about it as we continue to pray about God's plan for our family.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...