Saturday, July 2, 2011

Oh how fast things can change...

It's kind of a bitter sweet thing... change. It's crazy too how fast things can change. Just this week, the baby (almost 13 mo) of our family decided to take her first steps! I cannot believe it. And although she hasn't "taken off" yet, I don't think it will be long... even more I hope it's not long before she decides it's the way to go. She is so strong willed so no form of encouragement will sway her from her lightening speed crawl until she decides it's time. How can she be walking... it feels like the baby stage is coming to a close. I will soon have to take the bottle away and then it seems like she will officially be a toddler. I honestly can't say I long for the baby stages but when they are over, it's still brings a sadness with the joy.

Also, this week, Hannah and Bekah (2 1/2 years old) decided it may be ok to use the potty. Yesterday in fact was a big break through; they decided they liked underwear! I thought at the beginning of the week it was a fluke, but as of last evening, I think it's worth working on. I would love to have 2 less children in diapers for many reasons. But this too would end a season and make them seem more like preschoolers. These are all things I'm proud of and thankful for but wondering too how this next stage will feel.
Jack too is growing up so much. As we all count, say the ABC's, learn letters and numbers I'm amazed and overwhelmed by the amount of things children learn in such a short period of time.
So things are changing fast but I hope all for the good...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It sounds like you have AWESOME things going on at your house this summer. The kids are as cute as can be! Super sweet. Hope you aren't chasing your little walker too much because, doesn't it seem like once they start walking, our world changes! I remember those days. I miss it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...