Tuesday, January 25, 2011

God is my Portion

God is my Portion
Interestingly enough the verse this blog post is based on is the verse that keeps saturating my mind lately... I don't think it's by chance. It's the verse I want as my life verse, for at least this season of my life. It is the verse that I want to base this blog on.

"But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 'The Lord is my portion,' says my soul, 'therefore I will hope in him.'" Lamentations 3:21-24

Believe me, I need new mercies every morning! Praise the Lord that my Savior can provide that. I don't know where this blog will take me or anyone else but hopefully it can provide encouragement to me and others and most of all bring glory to God! I will end there for now as a 7 month old squirms on my lap, but I hope to return again more regularly with our life and my daily challenges, adventures and daily happenings of a family seeking to do the will of the Lord.


1 comment:

exposures by j.linnea said...

That is the greatest verse and was the verse that saturated my life recently too. It started at Women of Faith as the theme verse for the 2009 conference and then it would just pop up everywhere, so I just embraced it and was able to use it to give comfort to others(and myself) many times during
2010. How awesome that you love it too~ Josette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...